"Techniques of the Observer"

a qwriting.qc.cuny.edu blog

"Techniques of the Observer" header image

Detailed agenda for this week

April 10th, 2011 · No Comments · Uncategorized

Hi all,

It’s Sunday afternoon and I am back in New York. At this point, I have received and responded to updates from groups 1, 2, and 4, and have seen in-progress Wikipedia pages from groups 2 and 4. I hope to receive links to similar pages from the other groups soon.

Here’s what our week looks like right now:

On Tuesday, we’ll finish up our discussion of The Ambassadors and round out what connections we see between themes in Holbein’s painting and themes in the book (particularly related to Strether’s character, his role an an “ambassador,” his anxieties, etc.)

On Thursday, we’ll meet in the I-BUILDING, ROOM 205, so that each Wikipedia group can present their entries to the class. Your presentation should be no more than 10 minutes. In it you will want to

1) Discuss the stages in which you composed your wikipedia entry (did you start by looking at other pages? creating an outline? reviewing Wikipedia’s guidelines? What did you do next? And after that? What was your final stage?)

2) Show off the features of your page on the big screen in the room (choose one person from the group to man the computer in order to call up the site)

3) Highlight the most helpful resources onyour subject that you have located over the last month

4) Make sure that all four or five members of the group have spoken!

After all four groups have presented, I will ask you to complete brief, 15-minute individual reflections about the project on the computer and to email me your responses.

Finally, we’ll end the class by discussing the prompts for the final paper that will be due on the last day of class in May. I’ll give you a hard copy of these prompts on Thursday.

Thank you for your continued dedication and hard work,

Professor Zino

Tags:

No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.