"Techniques of the Observer"

a qwriting.qc.cuny.edu blog

"Techniques of the Observer" header image

Welcome to your Senior Seminar: “Techniques of the Observer”

February 1st, 2011 · 2 Comments · Uncategorized

Hi all,

I really enjoyed meeting you today (or seeing you again). I can already tell that you’ll be an enthusiastic and engaged group. Hold on to that attitude; it will be a wonderful asset to our experience together this semester!

What you need for Thursday is listed under the “course readings” and “images” pages. I’ll also look forward to hearing from each of you (via email, at Dominique.Zino@qc.cuny.edu) with the web address for your blog; please create it and contact me by tomorrow night.

I’ll see you Thursday…with your completed commitment form in hand (don’t worry, you’re not signing your life away, just a little brain power). 

Stay warm!

Professor Zino

Tags:

2 Comments so far ↓

• Jackie Weber

Emily Dickinson had a bit of a yearning for knowledge of death – I.e a poem of hers “because I could not stop for death”. She often questioned and considered the possibilities of death and what happens in the darkness – which made me believe in poem 428 she favored the darkness due to it’s vagueness of death that comes from living.

• Dominique

This is interesting and well-observed, Jackie. I agree, she often does seem to value something about death over life–see the poem, “My Life had stood a loaded gun” for another example of this.
    We missed you today in class — please see the new “assignments” page for details on the first formal assignment that we discussed today!